Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Brazil!

Ok so I know it has been a little while since my last post but I wanted to fill you in on our trip to Brasil. Once I got there, we had a lot of fun! Lets just say the trip to Brazil was a bit of an adventure.

This cloud was the evil cloud that grounded me in the Dallas Airport for ten hours.

In the morning after a long flight.

The air plain.

The Sao Paulo Airport. I missed my plane here and had a very touristy experience as I was stuck in a country that I didn't the language or how I was going to meet up with Sean.

Very happy that Sean was at the airport waiting for me! What a wonderful man he waited 6 hours for me to finally show up.

The church building that we when to Church at.

One of the members invited us to come over and have dinner with them. They also had invited the missionaries to come too. It was nice to speak English and we felt very welcomed.

Cute little Victoria. Even though we didn't speak the same language we had a special connection and I made a new friend.

This was on our way to go see the statue of Christ. We payed for a taxi to take us around the city.

This isn't the best picture but there is graffiti of a woman on overpass and I wanted to remember how artistic their graffiti is.


The statue of Christ was being cleaned so all we could see was the scaffolding. It was still pretty cool to see though.

The view and other pictures taken from the top of the mountain by the Christ statue.


A wild monkey!



There cute little police cars.


Maracana.
 The largest soccer Field in Brasil. These pictures were taking from this stadium which holds over 90,000 people.
The favela, or slums, that were out side the stadium. We were told that they get most of there dancers for Carnival from this favela.


These next pictures are from the Carnival street. It is a street that is dedicated just to Carnival. Also a couple of pictures of the costumes the wear.
T


Just some buildings.


A really cool church that we went to:

Another church.

This was a nunnery/ monastery. It was a one point made completely out of gold:
Sugar loaf mountain.

Dinner with the Adukaitis Family. Ammon is a friend from Sean's mission and it was fun to spend the evening with them and enjoy good food:


The Apartment we stayed in:



Copacabana beach. This was right out side out apartment and the beach was beautiful at sunrise!

Rio was a lot of fun to go to and I would love to go back someday. It was beautiful and it was a really great experience. We flew out early in the morning to head to Recife, where we finished out the rest of our vacation.

Ps: I know it has taken me a while to post this especially since it happened in May but hopefully I will get more post out soon.

No comments: