Christmas Break
Our Christmas break started on the 23 of Dec. because I had to take my vacation time before the end of the year or I would lose it. I was very grateful the extended time off. So we packed our bags and headed off for Baker City OR. These are just a few pictures I decided to take with our new camera that Sean's parents had given us for Christmas.

We were very blessed that the roads were clear both ways and that the only snow was on the side of the road. The sky's were so blue!
Christmas Eve
For Christmas Eve we decided to go snow boarding at Anthony Lakes out side of North Powder. At first the whole family was going to go but with sickness and other unknown factor it was wound down to Bradley, Scott, Sean and I. I'll be honest though we had a blast!

(This is Sean on our way up to go snow boarding)
(The roads and all the beautiful snow on the trees. Truly a winter wonderland.)

(Bradley rocking out to Weezer I think)


(Sean and I after a long but really fun half day of snow boarding. It was allot of fun but boy was my wrist and bum sore from falling and trying to catch my self. Sean on the other hand was a natural at it!)
( Mr. Cool just chilling after a long day of riding ;)
Christmas Eve Dinner
For the last couple of year Joseph and Carrie have been making a traditional Italian dinner for us. It is allot of food and it takes a bit for it to get ready. I think after everything was said and done we had 8 different courses!
(The master (Joseph) at work on the feast)
(Maria and Mitch were wrapping gifts while everyone else watched TV and waited for dinner)
(Grandma and Grandpa Nelson chillin)
Entertaining the nephews

(Jason really loved Grandpa walker and he wanted to go everywhere with it! Good thing Scott was a good sport because I don't know how many laps around the house they made with the walker until Scott finally hid the walker from Jason)

(Both Jason and Aaron were getting into everything so I recruited them to help set the table for dinner. Although they were not much help it was a lot of fun to see them work together and for Aaron to help Jason out).
(Right before dinner the boys were getting a little tired. Jason kept laying his head on the pillow and asking Uncle Sean to push the start button on this Jeopardy game. Jason really like listening to the Jeopardy theme song.)
(Both Aaron and Jason chilling in front of the TV. I thought it was priceless that they both had the same expression on there face. They must have found the Muppet Christmas Carol to be interesting.)
(Bradley playing)

(Grandma and Grandpa ready for dinner)
(Let the courses begin!)

(Jason, Angie and Bradley after I think on of the Appetizers.)

(Maria and Mitch, what more can I say)
Christmas Day!

(Bradley and Angie spent the night Christmas Eve and it was allot of fun to have Jason there in the morning. This may not be the best picture of Uncle Scott but it sure is a cute one of Jason.)
(Jason and Uncle Cory having fun before opening gifts)
(Look at all the stockings! I think there was 16 stockings in all.)

(Starting Christmas Breakfast)

(Jason helping out with making the Orange juice. He started out just putting his finger on the lid and then the whole thing ended up in his mouth.)
(Grandma and Grandpa with their stockings. They really look happy. I know that they both said that it was really nice to have the family around for Christmas.)
(Joseph, Carrie and Aaron joined us for the gift opening after having their gifts at home. Aaron was excited to be in all of the excitement and getting gifts too!)
(Oh Christmas Tree and Jason)
(Mom and Papa! So I have to add, for posterity's sake that yes mom is wearing and using two sets of glasses)
(Joseph and Carrie, with Sean in the back ground. Next Christmas I have to remember to get some pictures together.)
This is Ben's involvement for Christmas...
...Over the phone. Everyone gathered around to listen to Ben call from Argentina! It was great to hear from him and hear his funny missionary accent. Things are going well for him and it's really hard to believe that he will be home so soon! That morning it was actually really hard to get a hold of him. We were supposed to call at one time and then it actually ended up being at another time. Mom even received a phone call from one of the ladies in Ben ward he was serving in and the look on my mom's face of not being able to understand her Peruvian/Argentinian accent was classic. All in all we finally got the phone call to go through and we were able to have a very nice conversation with Ben.
After all the festivities of the day was done the family got together to play a few games and watch a few movies. It truly was a really great day! It was a lot of fun to have the whole family home and to get to spend so much time together. Grandma and Grandpa said that it was one of the best Christmas's that they had had in a very long time! I'm very grateful for my family and it was wonderful to be able to spend so much time with them and it really embodied what the families are all about!






3 comments:
How fun!! Your nephews are adorable. Spending time with family is always good!
So nice to see you had a good Christmas! Glad that all is well!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I miss the beautiful winter scenery in Eastern Oregon. (It may look barren to some people, but to me it's gorgeous!)
Post a Comment