Sunday, March 7, 2010

Work and School

Since new years there has not been alot to post about other then the fact that Sean has been really busy with school and I have been busy with work. Sean is really enjoying the fact that he this semesters work load is lighter then his first semesters. During the fall semester there were times when I think he was about to pull his hair out. This Semester the class work is easier and I think he enjoys that classes he is taking as well. Also he has started coaching at Orem High School. Mainly he just does batting practice for the sophomores but he helps out where ever he can. Because his work load is lighter this semester he has also been able to work out more and also run. He loves to exercise and I can tell that he is a happier person when he does get his exercises.

As for me, I have been extremely blessed at work the last couple of months. Before Christmas there was a time where I felt that I wasn't helping very many students and my numbers were low and I know that part of that was due to the holiday. After New Year's things changed and I started to be alot more successful at work. I'm grateful for the blessings that the Lord has blessed us with and I know that his hand has been in my success at work. With out his help I would be nothing and it would be much harder to get through the day.

On Valentines Day we decided to surprise my parents and since we had a long holiday, thanks to president’s day, we left Saturday after work and took off to go see my parents. They had no idea that we were coming and it was priceless to see the look on my parents and my grandparents faces when we pulled into the driveway. It was fun to hang out with them and also I am grateful for the time that Sean and I got to spend together. I enjoy our road trips because it really gives us an opportunity to chat and grow closer together as a couple.

While we were there we sorta celebrated my moms birthday. Although we weren't going to be there for her birthday we didn't want to miss the opportunity of wishing her a happy birthday. My Mom is truly an amazing person, she does so much for everyone else and has a deep love for those around her. She not only runs the house, takes care of my brothers, does the books for my dads business, and feed the chicken but she also takes care of my aging grandparents. I can tell how much she loves them and how much she loves my dad. Happy Birthday Mom!

After our trip to Baker City, the next weekend we had a wonderful get-a-way. Last fall at work I won a night stay at the Castle Creek Inn and dinner at The Tuscany. After work on the Saturday following Valentines day, Sean and I headed up to sandy to take advantage of this prise. First stop though was to the Draper Temple. We decided to do a sealing session and it was wonderful to feel of the spirit and enjoy such a beautiful temple. Next stop was to check into the hotel and then head off to The Tuscany. I must admit they have very very yummy food there. Sean ordered their fresh sea bass that they have flown straight from Hawaii (it was less then 24 hours old) and although it was spendy it is well worth it! It by far one of the most decadent piece of fish I have ever tasted. I ordered the Cesar salad with chicken and it too was very good. One of the things that I liked was that they give you home made bread to dip in balsamic vinegar and olive oil. The other interesting thing is that they require you to use their Valet parking so Sean and I for the first time ever paid someone to park our car. I can see why people like this type of service. After dinner it was back to the hotel to relax and kick back. Since we spent Valentines Day in Baker, Sean surprised me with my Valentines gift when we got to the hotel. He bought me a hot Cocoa machine! I was really impressed with not only his thoughtfulness but also the fact that he went to about 5 different stores to find it. All in all it was a wonderful weekend and a much needed break!

After reviewing all that I have written I noticed that there was more to tell then I thought there would be. Oh well such is life I suppose! :)

1 comment:

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Glad that things are going good for you at work, and that Sean is enjoying school.