Sunday, October 10, 2010

Moving yet again...

Many of you may know by now but we have made the decision to move yet again. It seem to me that when life starts to get comfortable the Lord decides to shake things up a bit. Back in August, Sean came to me and told me that he wasn't sure if Portuguese Linguistics was really what he wanted to be studding. He told me that he loved what he was doing but he felt that he would hit a dead end if he continued on with this major.

After quite a bit of discussion, we decided that it would be best if he pursued a career in athletic administration. Sean really loves sports and this is a way for him to be able to coach and make a living at the same time. He loves to teach and he wants to be able to help others but we both felt that he would be able to do that better through Athletic administration.

I'm am grateful for a husband that listens to the spirit and is willing to make the changes that the lord would want him to make. We were all set to go for the 2010-2011 school year, he was registered for classes, we both had great callings in the ward, I was ramping up at work for the new High School year, and to top it off we had already purchased our BYU season football tickets. We were set to stay at BYU for another year. All of that being said, I know that this move will benefit us in ways that cannot be seen as of yet.

We have decided to move to Nampa Idaho, which is one of the suburbs of Boise. Sean was able to get a coaching opportunity there with the University of Idaho as an assistant pitching coach and I was able to transfer my job to Meridian, where they are building a new campus. Sean is hoping to start an Athletic administration masters program at Idaho State University at there Meridian campus. We were also able to find a cute town house that really fit into our budget and is 1000 sqf, which is the biggest place we have lived in!

As of right now we are in transition though, Sean is living in our house in Nampa and I am living in Sean's parents house until my job transfers. I am also in the processes of training my replacement at work. Sean is working for my Uncle who owns a maid company in Boise, till he starts his internship at Boise State athletic department. I will be glad when the transition period is over and I get to be with Sean. I keep telling myself that it is only two more weeks and then I get to be with Sean again.

Out of our many moves I think this has to be one of the harder moves we have made. Our first move was very similar to this one because we were set and ready to go but I have come to understand that when the lord prompts you to move you do it and the blessings do follow. I know that we are doing the will of the lord but at the same time it does not make it easy. I am really going to miss the sisters in our BYU 1st ward and Wymount. I have learned so much over the past year and I am grateful for all the lessons I have learned.

As we embark on this new journey I look forward to becoming a better person and growing closer to Sean and my Father in Heaven.

No comments: